December will be our annual member only banquet with guest speaker
Joel Harris sharing information on Solar Eclipse.
Information on the banquet is available on member only page
2024 General Meeting Dates:
Friday, January 19
Friday, February 23
Friday, March 29
Friday, April 26
Friday, May 24
Friday, June 28
Our Guest Speakers are still being arranged
We will be at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts
403 E. Hillcrest Ave, Thousand Oaks
Our mission: To strive to serve the needs of all current and potential members by providing and actively supporting a variety of opportunities, which may include observing, speaking, writing, administration, and public outreach.
Our purpose: To perpetuate the science of Astronomy and to promote and encourage the education of its members and the general puplic.
MEMBERS ENJOY SOME OF THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
• Use of Loaned Club Owned Telescopes, includes training
• Insider Tours of JPL, Mt. Wilson, Mt. Palomar, Griffith Observatory etc.
• Special Member Only Observing Events
• Observation Training and Certification through the Astronomical League
• A Subscription to the Astronomical League "Reflector" Magazine (Quarterly)
• Ability to vote for your elected officials or becoming an elected official
• Ability to submit your astrophotos to our Astrophotography Gallery
• Discounts on equipment and books through the Astronomical League
All Other Inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
The VENTURA COUNTY ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY, INCORPORATED, is a non-profit Education/Research Association registered in accordance with both state and federal law as a 501 (c) 3 entity. The mission of VCAS is to inform and educate Ventura County residents about astronomy and to promote interest in, and encourage participation in, astronomy as a hobby.